The Federation’s work is overseen by a voluntary council of 5 – 10 people who are elected by our members at the Annual General Meeting. One council position is reserved for a member representative from the Port Pirie diocese.
Federation Council members are:
- Members of SA Catholic school parent communities
- Passionate about parents as partners in education
- Energetic, creative and considered
- Respectful advocates for the parent perspective
Council members continue the strong tradition of active and influential parent voice by:
- Working to ensure that children have good learning and schooling experiences and achieve good outcomes
- Shaping government and Catholic education policy and programs
- Promoting parent and family engagement in children’s learning and schooling
- Advocating for fair funding for Catholic schooling
The council meets at least 8 times a year, with one meeting each term held face-to-face and the others by teleconference.
Council members who are required to travel more than 100km to attend meetings are entitled to be reimbursed for reasonable travel and accommodation costs.
Contact the Federation
121 George Street
Thebarton SA 5031
Phone: 08 8301 6685
Mobile: 0407 394 732